Thanks to Julie I've learned that it's De-Lurker Week. So are you a lurker?? Don't be afraid to come out. I promise I won't bite! I'm really a nice person and I love to meet new people so de-lurk yourself!!
I'm still being creative every day and finding more and more ways of recognizing it. I find myself thinking about it at weird times during the day and I'll think "Oh, yeah....I'm being creative!" I came across this site where they listed a few tips for being more creative:
"1. Keep a writing or drawing journal. Keeping a journal is one of the most powerful ways to calm the mind, take inventory of your thoughts, and open the doors to expressing yourself more fully. It doesn't matter whether you consider yourself a writer or an artist, because this journal is just for you and your personal journey. Journaling can be a way to vent anger, spill sorrow, and revel in accomplishments. It can be a love letter to yourself, an instrument of confidence-building, a method of clearing the mind and finding out who you really are.
2. Use jasmine. The fragrance of jasmine incense or essential oil creates a positive state of consciousness that is particularly conducive to journaling. Its sweet, fresh fragrance inspires creativity, creates a soothing atmosphere, and leaves one refreshed and clear in mind and spirit. Jasmine is uplifting, balancing, helps with stress and anxiety, and builds self-confidence.
3. Warm-ups for journaling: write about your day; write an observation of the natural world or what you see out your window; write a letter to a parent or child; write a poem to your beloved; write about a memorable event; write down a question for which you believe you have no answers at the moment.
4. If drawing is your medium, draw what you see or what you feel, or even make a sketch of how you would like things or people to be. This is the time for pure fantasy, so let your hand fly over the pages with pencil or brush. A journal that combines writing and drawing may be the best way to tap into all sides of your creativity and to fully express what you feel.
5. Surround yourself with the right colors for creativity. Black, which represents the unknown, is a stimulant to the release of feelings and thoughts. Violet is the color of creativity, and purple the color of passion. Red is creation itself, passion, energy, and stamina. Orange encourages playfulness and vitality, and yellow stimulates the mind. Choosing a little of several of these colors in each of your rooms will greatly enhance your creative energy in anything and everything in your life.
6. You don't have to be an artist to see like one. Anyone can appreciate color, form, content, and style. You don't need to be a musician to hear like one. Open your ears to all the sounds and cadences of life. Not a dancer? You can still feel the rhythm in the spring of your walk, add sass to your stance and grace to every move you make.
Whenever the opportunity comes up to sing in a choir, paint part of a community mural, dance at your reunion, wrap a present with whimsy, enter your home decorations in a local contest, or just garnish dinner with a rosette of radishes, do it! Creativity is not just song, art, and dance. It's living with style."
I love that last line....it's living with style. Sometimes I think we have such a narrow idea of what being creative means that we shut ourselves down, thinking we don't fit the mold. Combing your hair can be creative! Maybe today you decide to part it on a different side or swope that one loose curl down over your eye or tie it back with a ribbon and stick a flower in it. You can also be creative by writing a note to someone you haven't talked to in a long time. Tell them something funny that happened to you....make them laugh. Paint polka dots on your shoes! Bake cookies and add something different to the batter. There's no way you can NOT be creative if you're alive!! Recognize your own creativity and then see if you can expand on it. Learn something new, try an interesting recipe for dinner tonight, wear a different fragrance, tie your shoes with ribbons, or just be silly! It's all about expressing yourself.
I'm working on some drawings that I still can't show you. I know that sounds like a cop out but it's true. I owe so many people, and I'm trying to catch up on some of that. As soon as things get into the mail and are received then I'll share with you what I've been creating.
Are you STILL lurking?? Stop that! Be brave. Leave me a comment. That's being creative, too!!